- Six-toed kittens are so common in Boston and surrounding areas of Massachusetts that experts consider it an established mutation.
- The silks created by weavers in Baghdad were inspired by the beautiful and varied colors and markings of cat coats. These fabrics were called “tabby” by European traders.
- Cat families usually play best in even numbers. Cats and kittens should be acquired in pairs whenever possible.
- Cat litter was “invented” in 1947 when Edward Lowe asked his neighbor to try a dried, granulated clay used to sop up grease spills in factories. (In 1990, Mr. Lowe sold his business for $200 million.)
- Cats lived with soldiers in trenches, where they killed mice during World War I.
- The cat appears to be the only domestic animal not mentioned in the Bible.
- The kitten in the logo of the Mary Tyler Moore (MTM) television production company is a parody of the famous MGM roaring lion.
- Sir Isaac Newton invented the cat-flap door.
Subscribe to RSS Feed
Follow me on Twitter
Subscribe via e-mail